Adaptogens are herbs and plants that have been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine, one of the oldest holistic healing systems in the world.
One of the most therapeutic adaptogenic herbs is
- contains powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-stress, and antioxidant effects
- boosts immunity by increasing natural killer cells
- improves symptoms associated with stress and anxiety
- improves quality of sleep and may help with insomnia
Numerous studies have shown that ashwagandha can reduce the effects and symptoms of stress and anxiety disorder by building a
Ashwagandha can also improve the
Try a tasty bedtime drink that pairs ashwagandha with
- 1 cup milk of choice (whole, almond, coconut, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp. ground ashwagandha powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- Bring the milk to a low simmer, but don’t let it boil.
- Once the milk is hot, whisk in the ashwagandha, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut oil, and pour the moon milk into a cup. Sweeten with honey or maple syrup, if desired.
The information in this article is intended for your educational use only; does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Snape's; and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.